KookyKoala is truly a great representation of what our community represents. She's friendly, active, patient, and understanding. She's also a great builder. Lastly, she's respectful to everyone, and she's been a great member of the community since she joined. Congrats, Koala!
We all hope you all have had or are having a wonderful Easter! To celebrate, Emerald World is hosting an egg hunt! There are a good number of large colorful eggs hidden all around spawn, all with built in dispensers which you punch for a large range of prizes from diamonds to in game money. We hope this all gives you a good chance to really explore spawn and to also get some awesome prizes! Also, Chess has been added to the /games menu! Checkers is coming soon! We've got lots more planned for you all too! Also, thanks again to all of our donators so far this month. We've already reached a very high amount, and both the staff and the players here are eternally grateful. Thanks for being awesome!
Anyway, we love you all, and may all of the EW community have an awesome Easter!
So, a couple general things that we hope you guys will enjoy reading about.
1. We've finally hit 1,000 forums members! Pretty big milestone if you ask me. So, in celebration of this, we'll be creating a /kit for everyone to use. We're still deciding what will be in said kit, but rest assured it will be awesome!
2. Last night the economy ate itself, in a pretty annoying way. Anyone that logged in after had their monies wiped. Fear not, if you did not log in you should still have your money, and the problem is now fixed. However, we aren't gonna just leave you hanging if you had money wiped. We still have a backup file that tells us how much money you should have. Talk to Austin to work on getting your money back.
3. We reached our donation goal of 600 dollars in 8 days! That has to be a record of some sort, no? Anyway, with that in mind, we've decided to put the goal to 1,000 dollars. If we do reach that, we promise something special for all our donators this month, because that would break our all time record for money gained in one month.
4. Recently there have been some Towny problems. No worries, your town has not been wiped like last time; however, we are having trouble getting some of its permissions to work correctly. We are working on this, and for now everything should work, but there may be a few kinks to work out.
Lastly, thanks to:
Red204 - Donated 100 dollars!
XxBodyGuardxX - Donated 200 dollars!
AzurianFlare - Donated another 100 dollars!
The_Mighty_R - Donated another 125 dollars!
Thanks to ALL of our donators, whether you've donated 5 dollars or 500 dollars. It all helps quite a bit, and it goes to great use for advertising, server upgrades, and more. Again, thank you guys for making all of this possible!
We're proud to announce that for the month of April, we're diamond listed on minecraftservers.net! We ask all of you to please vote for us for this site here. Everyone who views the page can see the number of votes we have, so it's really important that we get as many votes on that site in particular as possible. To reward those who do vote for this site in particular, we're giving triple rewards. This means that those who vote at minecraftservers.net will receive 3 tokens as well as $150. Thanks very much to everyone who chips in.
Second, many technical bugs have been worked out and you all should be experiencing less lag and disconnection problems than before. We've updated several plugins and changed lots of configs, and we're continually working to iron out all bugs. Thanks for your patience with any technical problems you may find and thanks for helping us fix them!
Also, there are two main new plugins in game: Downfall and Sign Edit. SE is for Affluent+, Mason+, and $20+ Donators. Downfall is a new minigame that anyone can use.
In other news, there are new ranks, in case any of you haven't noticed. The ranks page as well as the in game rank info will be updated soon. The application section is already open. More info will be posted ASAP across all of the info sections.
Lastly, thanks so much to all of the donators of this month (as well as past months). This month we reached $921 in donations, and that is simply epic. You all are simply amazing. It's really heartwarming to see our work appreciated, and we assure you all that the money will be invested wisely towards the community and the server.
Announcements & News
First and foremost, we're proud to announce our first Featured Builder, Zhagam. She may not be a server veteran, but with the time she's been here, she's built some awesome things and has been a great example for builders to follow. Here's a few of her Emerald World builds:
For the sake of space, only a few pictures were added. In addition to these amazing exterior designs, her interior is stellar as well. She has great spacial awareness, her designs are unique and complex, and they would be admired in the real world architectural community. Say congrats when you see her in game!
To clarify, a Featured Builder is someone selected by staff who we feel has created awesome builds and also represents the server well. They do not necessarily have to be social, but they must represent EW well. We will be announcing a new Featured Builder every month, at around the 1st. We will be switching to this method for the Featured Member as well, starting in May. Congrats again to KookyKoala, our current Featured Member.
We're also proud to announce our new Featured Builds system. We will now be using an imgur album, and it will be kept up to date as builds get submitted. The album currently features all of the best builds that have been submitted to the BPV. The EQH submissions that we feel should be featured will be added shortly. Here's the album, and it will automatically update as we add more builds:
In other news, we've moved the server to a stronger machine! The new machine has greater processing power, and this will reduce lag even further! Thanks for all of your patience last night as we made the move.
Also, thanks very much to this months' donators:
‣ looe7 - $100
‣ Mighty - $100
‣Zhagam - $75
‣ bmac810 - $75
‣ Lionah - $75
‣ animal10047 - $50
‣ Red204 - $50
‣ ironmac908 - $50
‣ RoyalMatrix (Cent05) - $40
‣ Morgan_Ayodele - $30
‣ B0lshevik - $30
‣x105chris105x - $20
‣ admiralnelson4 - $20
‣ Biophysical - $6
Because of them, we've been able to reach our donation goal again! This will also allow us to advertise again! We will be advertising on minecraftservers.net for the month of April. Once that happens, we encourage everyone to vote on that site especially, since we will be getting a large number of views there. Thanks again to all of our donators who make this possible!
We've also added $150 and $200 perk brackets to appreciate further those who have donated a great amount to the server. More perks will be added in the future to both these brackets and others. Some perks were moved from the $100 perk section to the $200 perk section, but if you've already donated, you are grandfathered in and you will retain these perks.
‣ Donation perks info redone for improved appearance
‣ New "Apps" tab for easy access to different application subforums
‣ Rank page updated to include all perks
More minor in-game changes, additions, and improvements:
‣ LWC converted to MySQL to reduce lag
‣ Gold Sword recipe removed due to its harming economic consequences
‣ /teamspeak now includes a download link
‣ /pet donated has been updated to include the new donation perks
‣ Minor bug fixes (Towny, /tell, & more)
We've also installed a new plugin which will allow $50 donators as well as tier 4 ranked players to color items using anvils.
As many of you have noticed, animals also drop heads now.
Lastly, there are a few new commands in-game:
‣ /donate displays donation info with a link
‣ /menu help will tell you about the menu command
‣ /menu list will display a list of the menus
‣ /menu <menu> will open a specified menu
‣ /linkrank <rank> or /ranklink <rank> will display a link to the rank subforum specified
Thanks to everyone for being so awesome!
Please post comments, suggestions, or concerns about anything in this post in the comments below.
We're back! Everything is now up and running once more :D
Just letting you guys know that the server will be down for around 30 minutes, possibly a bit longer depending on NFO. Don't worry though, shouldn't take too long :D
We're moving to a new machine that has more powerful processors. This should reduce our lag and allow us to actually have some mobs on the server. Have fun in the mean time. We'll do our best to get the server back up ASAP :D
The amount of ban appeals recently because of new players griefing each other.... I facepalm every time they make an appeal and say "what's grief". I mean didn't your parents teach you not to touch other people's stuff?
HA. Ok just delete my post lester lol I guess there was a clearer way of saying what I said. Dude posted in random threads and forums and spammed my wall plenty of times after I explained where he needed to go. He then got a 2 week forum ban from....